Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dee-Licious Dense Coconut Cupcakes

A friend gave me this recipe, I believe it is from Barefoot Contessa.

Cupcake
Ingredients:

3 Sticks of Butter (unfotunately that is not a typo, 3 sticks of butter go into this)
2 Cups of Sugar
5 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
3 Cups of Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Butter Milk
7 oz Coconut Flakes (1/2 of the bag)

Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Mix your dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture. Mix in butermilk on low speed and add your coconut last. Fill cups3/4 full and  bake at 325 for 25-35 minutes... I really need to make these again so I can remember the yeild and a more accurate bake time!

Coconut Frosting- My recipe, not Contessas, I don't want her to be mad at me :)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Sticks of *Butter (has to be butter, not margerine)
1/3 Cup of Crisco
3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Coconut Extract
1-2 Tbsp Milk

Cream together Butter and Crisco, Slowly mix in powdered sugar then beat on high. Add coconut extract. Add milk little by little if frosting is too thick. Beat or whip on high to make fluffy. Frost cupcake and roll frosted top in coconut flakes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment